Happy New Year to everyone in HealthTech! What's new in 2023? Shabir Chowdhary, RYSE, shares his perspective in the Global Digital Health Report, released at the J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference in San Francisco.
This report was produced by Galen Growth | Global HealthTech Insights, in collaboration with FINN Partners, and found that Digital Health investments dropped 41% in 2022 compared to 2021.
The number of deals shrunk by 24%. These trends do not indicate doom for Digital Health but set the stage for a more collaborative era:
- All global regions saw funding far exceeding pre-pandemic levels
- Regulatory filings by ventures have more than doubled since 2021
- Partnership activity increased 1.5x over 2021
The unmatched in-depth analyses will be a valuable guide for your decisions and here's what to expect in 2023:
- Digital Health moves on from extravagance to substance
- Stable early-stage funding indicates a robust innovation pipeline
- Venture-to-venture acquisition is shaping industry consolidation
Analysts have looked beyond one-dimensional funding trends to interpret the data in the context of the entire ecosystem — including partnerships, clinical evidence, categories and therapeutic areas. Check out the report for more rounded insights!
You can read more at Galen Growth Global HealthTech Insights here.